Did you know that In Britain, it was actually cycling clubs which were responsible for the introduction of traffic signs in the late 1800’s? Riders were sometimes taken by surprise when coming into sharp corners or steep hills; and cycling organisations began to install basic traffic signs at known accident spots.
A New Way to Learn Traffic Signs
Teach Yourself Traffic Signs is a new way to learn about the signs and road markings of the UK’s roads. You can look at a list of images on a page, or teach yourself parrot fashion by going through a pile of cards; but does this really teach you what the signs mean?
Teach Yourself Traffic Signs goes a stage further with:
- Detailed illustrations both of the signs, and…
- the roads and situations where you will find them
- We also put the signs into context to give you a greater understanding of what the signs means
- You will learn what their purpose is and why you need to be aware of them
A Little History
There’s also background information about:
- how traffic signs evolved
- why they became necessary
- who brought them into being
We also show you the basics of traffic sign recognition; the styles and groups that make them easier to understand.
It’s a great and interesting way to learn the signs and road markings of the UK – so grab yourself a copy today and start learning the fun way!
|Also Available In:
|The Learning to Drive Series:
Click the book to look inside or download a sample!